21.12.07

nonsense

All of a sudden there is nothing around me.
I am alone.
The office would be empty if it was not for me.
I should let it be.
But I cannot get away from here.
Here I feel safe.
Here the deafening sound of silence do not let me think about distances.
Here I feel as empty as the building.
Unaware of my existence.
I am afraid of myself, afraid of my epilogues.
I am hiding from what I would do next.
As I write this, my heart shrinks, tears arise.
I never thought sadness is something you can be addicted to.
I needed my dose.
I am a monster.
A monster to myself, to those around me.
To those that let themselves be vulnerable to break my walls.
Now the walls are broken.
The floor is sinking under my feet.
I fall inwards, deep and dark.
My eyes melt, but there is still a light I can see.
Distant, faint.
That bright is the only thing I can look forward to when I am no longer who I think I was.
That light is a flame.
That light is your love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes one needs to feel sadness in a stronger way and gets addicted to it, and distance can be a pretty good excuse for it. Alaska said (ok, she's not a philosopher, but still a good thought) that when she felt very sad, the best thing she could do was to play the saddest song in the world so she felt even worse. Anyway, the important point is to come up afterwards and become happy again.