23.1.08

Are you ready?

Puring with rain. The old engine stopped in a steep hill by his house. It was pitch dark.

- Are you ready to die?

- What do you mean?

- Are you ready? I'm serious...

- What are you talking about? Are you gonna kill me? Is that it?

- I never thought I would turn thirty... And I'm now six months away from it...

- Never? Come on, kids always think they'll never die...

- Kids, not me...

- What about you? Are you ready to die?

- I was thinking about that the other day. It would be a pity, but I'm ready... I'm doing what I really want... And I'm happy... I never thought I would get old...

- You're freaking me out... I have to go...

- Me too... Talk to you tomorrow!

He closed the door behind him and accidentally slipped while his friend was putting his foot on the accelerator. His head hit the wet floor. The right back tire smashed it against the fall leaves. After noticing the bump he put the handbrake on and step out of the car to check its origin. When at the back he ducked looking for something. The handbrake of the car failed and the trashy vehicle trapped him underneath. He slowly lost his breath, anxious. He never realized that on the other side of the car, the disfigured face of his friend drawn a smile while bleeding to death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're scaring me, man!. Great story and great dialogues too.