23.9.07

The weight of words

- Come on, stop wondering around and help me.

- What did you order?

- A Spanish omelette. Are you helping me or what?

- OK, OK... Let's see... The weight of words. Well, let's see... So, I guess they might have a different weight according to who is telling them and who is listening to them... Then, the total weight might be something like the average of those two. Does that make sense?

- I don't know. What would the teller's weight depend on? I thought about honesty. How honest the words are. And maybe, motivation?

- Yes! That would make sense. Motivation scale might be either negative or positive, while honesty should be either 1 or 0.

- So?

- So, if those words aren't honest, their weight is always 0! If they are, they would weigh positive or negative depending on why the teller is telling them... But I don't know how to fit the whole listener's weight... That might be subject to interpretation that might as well depending on a bunch of shit I don't even wanna start thinking about now... Like what's the relationship between the teller and the listener... And I don't know either about the positive and negative motivations... According to whom? What would I love you weigh? And, why?

- We're closer, we're closer... We'll get this!

- There's your omelette, your beer and my soda. What time are you leaving tomorrow?

No comments: